Full Stack Developer – Farmers Branch, TX
Job Title - Full Stack Developer
Job Description - We are looking for a Mid-level Full Stack App Developer familiar with the .NET Tech Stack to join our small, but highly productive, Development Services team. Together we will build apps that run all over our environment, from scalable backend services to front end apps that run on every kind of device. Our team builds the tools that can’t be bought and our work is a major differentiator for our Company in our industry. This position can work remote 4 days a week, must attend team meetings in person.
- Have a passion for writing great code and for technology in general.
- Believe in source control, unit testing and reasonable patterns and practices.
- Enjoy a fast-pace environment where your work is highly visible and relied upon.
- Be comfortable working with servers and cloud environments such as Azure.
- Be comfortable taking responsibility for the things you excel at and enjoy spreading your knowledge around.
- Be able to take minimal direction from others and provide maximum output.
- Be a fast learner and feel comfortable doing new things on a regular basis.
- Really care about things like reducing round-trips to servers and APIs, efficiency and speed.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor.
- Have a couple of years of experience.
- Develop software solutions in an agile-like environment.
- Develop MVC applications that run in browsers of all kinds.
- Develop backend services that run as windows services, Azure services, web services, etc…
- Develop reports and help mature our growing BI offering.
- Use modern technology and tools to solve problems in fast, simple ways.
- Take ownership of your areas of responsibility and produce a high-end work product.
- Work independently within a group of developers.
- Learn our business, understand our data and make an impact with your great ideas on how to use our data to make our business better.
- Communicate effectively with other developers and non-technical users at their level to make progress toward the team’s goals.
- Not get bored because as a small team, we work on every major project doing a wide variety of interesting and meaningful things.
- Know and be very comfortable with the Microsoft tech stack and tools, from SQL Server to Visual Studio.
- Have a solid working knowledge in C#.
- Have a solid working knowledge in SQL.
- Be familiar with how a basic ORM works.
- Be comfortable learning new things.
- Have a solid command of written and spoken English.
- Be able to project confidence when talking to customers and stakeholders, convincing them that you understand and can solve their problem with our team’s solutions.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for an employer sponsored visa (work permit).
- Not allow your skills to become stale and you must be aware of what is going on with technology and capable of bringing good ideas and techniques back into the team.
- Own your work, own the team’s work and contribute at a high level on a regular basis.
- Be friendly!
- Work in an office that understands and values developers.
- Attend as few meetings as possible.
- Reasonable coworkers who value getting things done and doing things well more than following the latest technology fad.
- The freedom to produce results and to experiment with new technology. (Some of our experiments have turned into our best production apps)
- Good hardware and server environment.
- Responsibility for your output and the corresponding accountability.
- Great teammates you will learn from and who will look to learn from you.
- Some work from home with flexible work hours.
The work is sedentary. Typically the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However there may be some movement from area-to-area, transporting items such as a laptop computer, printers, servers, paper, books or small parts; driving an automobile, etc.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to general office environment. Work outside normal business hours is required from time-to-time.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Womack Machine Supply from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Womack Machine Supply mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Womack Machine Supply employees, or to Womack Machine Supply resume database will be considered Womack Machine Supply property. Womack Machine Supply will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Womack is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type - Full-time
Education - High School
Location - Farmers Branch, TX 75234 US (Primary)
Career Level - Experienced (Non-Manager)
Category - Information Technology