Regional Automation Sales - Lenexa, KS
Job Title - Regional Automation Sales
Job Description - The Regional Automation Sales Specialist is responsible for utilizing creative selling techniques, problem-solving and technical skills (PLC, HMI, VFD, Servo) to provide industrial motion control solutions for our Customers’ needs. The RAS has direct sales responsibility and will support the automation sales process for others.
- Sell automation products and services to selected accounts; manage the overall profitability of each Customer and the territory as a whole
- Determine customer needs and provide technical solutions to meet them
- Deliver sales presentations and product training to Customers
- Recommend components and Suppliers to Customers
- Assist in qualifying the match between Customer requirements and product capabilities
- Prospect and utilize market data to find new sales avenues
- Eliminate sales obstacles through innovative and adaptive approaches
- Forecast supplier needs and develop sales projections per product line, by service, by segment, or in other ways as defined by business need
- Create business plans to support sales forecast and Customer requirements
- Support sales process by regularly accompanying sales people to Customer visits; assist with development and delivery of presentations to Customers; review all presentations to ensure consistency
- Coordinate the activities of Inside Sales and Suppliers in order to meet Customer needs
- Communicate regularly and effectively with regional sales team and Regional Vice President; assist with and participate as needed in monthly regional sales meetings
- Support and implement company strategies and initiatives
- Coordinate Supplier visits, sales call schedule, and training for region
- Develop and maintain strong positive relationships with Suppliers
- Participate in trade shows, trade associations and Customer training opportunities
- Maintain current technical expertise; provide project management oversight or assistance, and design support for Customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE & APTITUDES:
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical concepts to product lines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with engineers and technical designers to determine and deliver appropriate customer solutions
- Ability and desire to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to persuade and influence others through excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Advanced ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced project management experience
- Ability to provide basic programming for customer sales demonstrations
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude sufficient to translate any application’s performance requirements into specific drives and controls recommendations using mathematical sizing calculations and/or software tools
QUALIFICATIONS: If apply for position, you must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for an employer sponsored visa (work permit).
- High school diploma or GED certification is required
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering is desired
- At least five years of automation sales experience calling on and developing Customers that buy automation equipment and systems, including but not limited Programmable Logic Controllers, HMI Products, Servo Drives, Stepper Drives, Motion Controls, Precision Gear Boxes, Mechanical Actuators, Sensors & I/O Devices, Pneumatics, and AC/DC Drives
TRAVEL: Overnight travel may be required; frequency depends upon assigned sales region.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some movement from area to area, transporting of items such as a laptop computer, printers, servers, paper, books, and small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Position may require long periods of sitting while driving or riding as a passenger in a automobile. Must be able to move through customer sites, including warehouses, shipyards, oil field rigs, manufacturing facilities, and related machinery, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to various outdoor and indoor environments (i.e. general office, industrial complexes, food processing plants, semiconductor labs, clean rooms, steel mills, energy drilling locations, marine operations, etc., some of which can be hazardous). Temperature variances, high noise levels, and dusty environments may be encountered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Womack Machine Supply from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Womack Machine Supply mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Womack Machine Supply employees, or to Womack Machine Supply resume database will be considered Womack Machine Supply property. Womack Machine Supply will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Womack is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type - Full-time
Education - Bachelor's Degree
Location - Lenexa, KS 66215 US (Primary)
Career Level - Experienced (Non-Manager)
Category - Sales