Turn-Dex is a rotary actuator with an internal unidirectional clutch. The output shaft rotates in one direction only and remains at end of stroke while the actuator is reversed. Turn-Dex is available in two series: the Comp-Act, incorporating the Comp-Act actuator and the Turn-Act, incorporating the Turn-Act actuator.
• Turntable Work Stations
• Drive Conveyor Rollers or Belts
• Drive Material Feed Rollers
• Ratchet Type Drive
• Sheet Feed Material From a Stack
• Perstalsis Pump Drive
• Low Speed High Torque Motor
• Product Mixing
• Overrun: The output shaft can be manually rotated only in its drive direction. Large loads may coast after the actuator has stopped. The output shaft cannot be reverse rotated- Forcing it backwards could damage the Turn-Dex.
• Accurate & Repeatabte Positioning:Due to the overrun nature of the clutch external stops, brakes, ro«er and detents or shot-pins is required for accurate and repeatable positioning.
• Special Options:Turn-Act will provide customized units to fit your specific application needs. Modifications include special shafting, special mounts, dutch housings with shot-pin cylinders, disc brakes and thrust protection. Consult your Compact distributor for additional information.
• Heavy Duty Double Acting Ball Valve Systems
• Valve sizes from ¼" to 3"
• 140 in.lbs to 800 in.lbs• Spring Return Valve operators
• Single acting with spring close or open
• Valve Operator Systems
Spring Return operators are formed by bolting a spring return unit to a double acting Val-U-Act operator. The return movement is effected by a clock-type spring which is pretensioned to about half the operator torque. The amount of pretention is large, compared to the rotation and therefore the torque does not vary more than 20% over the rotation.
Spring returns are factory-installed and adjusted. The spring returns have a worm drive adjustment for setting or changing spring pretension. By inserting a socket key into one end of the worm the spring pretension can be very easily increased or decreased to suit operating conditions. To increase pretension, turn the worm clockwise; to decrease, turn counterclockwise.
• Torque output of 16 to 1000 Inch Pounds
• Adjustable Rotations
• Reed and Hall effect switches
• Only one moving part
• Non Lube service
• Low cost solution